Sunday, March 27, 2016

          Happy Easter !  What a marvelous glorious day for all mankind. How blessed beyond measure we are because we have Jesus Christ to be our Savior. I love this holiday because it reminds me that  we are a forever family so we will see our Matt again. I look forward to that indescribable joy.  I love my Savior & what He has done for each of us.
          This week I made "boomerang " bread. A friend of ours in the branch gave us a freshly ground bag of wheat flour so I made bread & rolls. Everyone we gave them to gave them back & said "no". So I call it boomerang bread. Ha.
           Stan taught a lesson in district meeting  about the reality of Satan. He did a really good job. He sang to them...... "Jesus Savior Pilot Me " .
           The sun came up on Monday so Stan washed the front window. Because we live in a fishbowl, our neighbor Marlene came over to bring him a squeegee . I poked my head out the door & she pretended to wash my face with the squeegee & laughed. She is the non member who we first met who was so unhappy & angry at the world & everyone in it. She came to church once. She  is softening right before our eyes.
         I went on a fun, I say fun because it included shopping, trip with a member & non-member (Lucy ) to Chilliwack for lunch & shopping. It was so fun. . We found a most delightful store with amazing "one of a kind  " finds.
         Stan  & I went tracting again. One lady opened the door, looked at our tags, and started ranting & raving at us. She told us she was going to call the police. She said the neighbors were talking about us & not to knock on any doors on this street or that street or that one.  When she finished we walked away & promptly knocked on the next door. We found a young father who said his whole family was sick. We asked if we could come in and say a prayer to bless his house. He let us in , we prayed with him . He said we could come back another time.
   Stan played "I Stand All Amazed ". For a special musical Easter number today. I taught sharing time in Primary along with three more lessons on Reverence.  One eleven year old girl started singing out loud while the chorister was talking about a song we were to sing. I said to her " you are being rude. You are not being reverent. It is time for you to listen so everyone can listen as well." She gave me an ugly look that if it was frozen on her face it would have been the face of an eighty year old in great pain. All the primary children were then on their best behavior.
        My new friend Michelle called last night & asked if she could come to church. She came & said she loved it & could she come again ?  She said she has a bunch of questions about God so we are going to see her again tomorrow. So exciting. She was the woman on the street who was selling bird houses.
         Last night all the women of the branch were invited to Shirley's home. We had a potluck dinner & watched the Women's conference together. It was such an uplifting meeting. We sat around & visited for awhile afterwards. This small branch is just like a family, no one is left out.
          We taught Jack two more temple preparation lessons. He is almost ready to go to the temple & we will get to go with him.
          Tonight we went to an Easter feast at the home of my friend Betty.  There were eight of us. We had scalloped potatoes & ham, corn, sweet potatoes, salad, baked Parmesan cauliflower , rolls, pickles (always pickles ). And English Trifle for dessert.
           The day I wanted to make bread I found we didn't have any butter. Stan went to the store for butter & came home with one pound for $7.34. Ouch !
         That's our week .  We pray for you & miss you all. Being a missionary is a one of a kind experience. Everyday is different...always something new.  It's getting spring here. There are many many beautiful trees & bushes blooming & coming out. Birds are everywhere & rain. I can't wait to see the forest in the spring in full splendor .
        Heavenly Father is real. Jesus Christ has more love & compassion than we will ever be able to comprehend . The church is true. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives. I am so excited for conference. We will be going to a members house to watch it with them.
       We love you.   Love a Elder & Sister Fisher

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting week! People really refused your bread? That's crazy! I want some!

    ReplyDelete