Friday, March 11, 2016

           We just finished another hike through the forest. One sign warns "Enter At Your Own Risk ". Because of all the rain the gigantic trees only have short roots. So when the winds come, the trees topple over roots on top. The other sign says :  "Bears .....beware " & keep all food locked.  The trail follows right along the Cocahalilla river rushing tumultuously over the rocks. The huge cedar trees with their moss covered branches sway & bend. I will post some pictures ,it really is beautiful.
            I can't believe another week has flown by. We went tracting again. The neighborhoods here are very interesting. There is not a middle class at all. So one house will be a home of poverty while the next house to it is a very large $7000.....to a million  & above house. Next to that house is a motel. In our small town there are five liquor stores. Anyway, tracting is always very interesting. Most people are very rude & turn us away. But occasionally some one will be nice but we are usually never invited in. We are not discourage by their actions because we know what we have to share with them is so important to their eternal salvation. We have to give them an opportunity to hear our message. Also we know the Lord sent us here for a purpose so we need to keep trying to find that one person who is searching for the plan of happiness. And there is so much work for us to do to support and help this small struggling branch. We love love being missionaries.
        .   Stan has found a small 9x 20 ft space behind our apartment to grow a little vegetable garden. He has been out working the dirt in the mud. It keeps him happy. With all the rain here it will be interesting to see if anything grows. If anyone can grow a beautiful garden, it is Stan.
           We are still working with Jack, Marlene & Lucy.  Also trying  to find others. Oh ,this week we went to a Relief Socity birthday dinner in Chilliwack. I met a wonderful lady from Iran. I am surprised at how many different nationalities are here. I keep meeting people from Iran. I really love the Iranians. This woman & her husband are horticulture professions. They have been commissioned by the government to grow an organic farm. She invited us out to see & learn about their farm.
        We finally got to attend a district meeting with the young missionaries. They are so amazing. Very impressive missionaries. They hold their district meeting from 11:00 to 1:00. So I decided next week I am going to make homemade beef stew & hot homemade rolls to serve them after our meeting. I hope that's okay. Stan said I could.
         Oh we were invited by Lucy ( our non member friend) to an authentic English Tea.  It was so fun. We had a beautiful gold tablecloth, a glass teapot, herbal tea in beautiful English China tea cups & saucers. I asked her if we were supposed to hold out little pinky finger out as we drank. She said :"of course ". She also served little fancy cookies with chocolate on them.  I told her next time I will wear my tea party hat with roses & feathers. She laughed.
          Tomorrow we are going to  themulti-faith event of Canada. There will be: Islam ,Hinduism,      Christianity,  Baha'l,  Slkhism.  It will be a wonderful cultural meeting. We will be having an authentic meal from India. I hope there is something I can eat.
          Last Sunday at our branch Primary I was asked to substitute  a primary class. I was appalled at the lack of Reverence in opening excerise . The children were bopping the microphone with their heads, standing on chairs, laying under the Sacrament table , plunking on the electronic piano as Stan was trying to accompany the primary song. When we went to class the President said the other teacher did'nt come & could I teach all the children ?  So I began class by putting my chair in front of the door & sitting on it. I then proceeded to teach them about reverence & how sacred the Lord's house is. Then I had them practice being reverent. I told them I would teach the lesson after they could show me that they learned what reverence was. One little boy about five years old raised his hand. "Teacher I'm hungry ". I said I hope everyone can quickly practice reverence so we did'nt have to practice all day. He raised his hand again " I'm afraid I'm going to die ".
       Great blessing have come to us. We were able to find a beautiful Kiwai piano for the Branch building. We found it on Craigslist. Ha. The branch only has an electronic piano which Stan really dislikes . So yahoo !!! We just need to find a way to bring it from Chilliwack to Hope. It will really help with the reverence for Sacrament meeting. The entire branch is so excited !
      Life is good. God lives. Jesus Christ is the savior of the world. We all need him desperately.
We are so blessed as members of His church. We are so blessed to understand how families
can  be together forever. I'm so happy happy that we have a forever family. I'm not homesick for home, but I do miss my children & grandchildren. Families are really what it's all about. That is joy.
      Keep the faith, keep the commandments, this life is just a speck of time in all eternity. Keep your testimonies strong.
      Lots and lots of love,
      Elder & Sister Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment