Friday, March 18, 2016

Really ?  Another week already.
          We were invited for three interesting meals.  One from Tonga, one from East India and one from Russia.  Can't say I loved any of them. I have posted pictures of two of them. It's not only the food here that is interesting, also the names of streets, shops & cities. Most of them are from the First Nation people who lived here when the area was settled.This week we knocked doors again. It's not very pleasant .Many people have a sign on their door that says : "No salesmen, or clergy, "others look out the window at us but won't answer the door.
            We did meet a nice lady on the street, Michelle. She had a little dog wrapped up in a baby blanket. There are no panhandlers or hitchhikers here as it is illegal.  She was selling little wooden bird houses she had painted & decorated. She was hungry I could tell.. I bought one of her bird houses.  I made a mental note to see if I could  buy more wood items at the craft store to give to her to paint & sell. She said I was very pretty so I took that hook, line & sinker. I explained what we were doing in Hope & asked her if she knew Jesus Christ. She said no but would like to know him. So I invited her to come to church on Sunday. She wrote down the name & address & said she would see us there.  Stan & I went home for lunch & brought back some homemade beef stew, a tuna sandwich, banana & a couple of cookies for her & her dog.. She cried & thanked us. Hopefully we will be able to teach her.
               This week was our Branch Relief Society dinner. The Relief Society President & I put it together & pulled it off. We had all 10 of our branch sisters, five non members & two from the young women's. We had roast beef, kale salad, rolls, roasted potatoes,carrots,onions & trifle for dessert.
              We were able to buy & transport the nice piano from Chilliwack to our branch. Stan is thrilled & so is the branch. Last Sunday the Primary children were heavenly and remembered the lesson I taught them on Reverence. Several adults commented that this was the first time they could hear the primary singing from the Sunday School room. Yea !
             Tonight we had my dear friend and her husband who is a non member over for dinner. We had a great visit. She entertained us with stories from her checkered family. Insurance fraud, alcoholism, drugs, Hell's angels gang members  & Betty.  She is such a sweet lady & the Branch Relief Society president.
              Tomorrow we have an appointment to go back to see Peter. He has been reading the Book of Mormon. I hope he has a bunch of questions for us. We have been praying for him.
             We went to see Lucy again. Stan played her piano & she taught me how to knit. Of course she always serves us tea .It's the social thing they do here.  We talked about family history & next week I will teach her how to crochet. I really wish she would soften her heart & listen so we could teach her the Plan of Salvation.
              At District meeting this week, I took homemade vegetable beef stew & homemade rolls for the  missionaries. One of the zone leaders taught me some words in Tongan so  I can talk to my friend.
           The sun  was actually shinning yesterday. First time in a month. So Stan went for a 20 mile bike ride. He was so happy. I went for a walk in the forest . I will post pictures of that. It's amazing.
           We hope you are all doing well.  Share the gospel with your friends. They deserve a chance to hear the "good news ". Of the gospel.  We love our Heavenly Father & His son Jesus Christ. We love being missionaries !!!!
             We love love you.
         Elder & Sister Fisher
       

1 comment:

  1. I love your letters! What a great story about Michelle. You two are heaven sent.

    ReplyDelete