Saturday, April 2, 2016

            Today's conference was amazing. The music so heartfelt & spiritually uplifting. The talks soul searching. We watched conference at the Branch with the Branch President & his wife. No- one else came.
           This week was amazing !  I LOVE being a missionary & so does my companion. We had an exciting week. We were able to teach our first two investigators . One of them doesn't know she is an investigator yet. ( that's Lucy who is an atheist ).  We taught her the Plan of Salvation. I also taught her how to crochet. Stan pruned her big cherry tree & fixed her fence. She says she's going to have us over for a traditional English meal including "Yorkshire pudding ". Yea ! I need to buy a perfect English hat to wear.
           Our other investigator is Michelle, the lady we found sitting on the sidewalk a few weeks ago. She cried & told us our timing is just right as she wants to change her life. It's not our timing but the Lord's. We taught her The Plan of Salvation. Tears streamed down her face. She wants to quit smoking & drinking & whatever else she wants to change. She said she has done some bad things. We taught her our Savior will help her because He loves her. I will post a picture of her outside her house that we took on Friday. She has a little bathtub with water in her bedroom  . It has fish in it. She is coming to conference with us tomorrow. Yahoo !
           We went tracting again, this time with the zone leaders. Stan & one zone leader on one side of the street & me & the other zone leader on the other side. It was way fun ! We both found a new person to teach. Ours was a teenage girl who really wants to hear. We were getting along splendidly with her when her Dad came out the door. He opened it wide & said "come in right now " So I walked right in  before Abby. Her Dad yelled at me "not you " ..Abby & slammed the door. ( after I backed out ). Oops. We'll catch up with her later . The Lord will provide a way.
           Stan & his Elder met a lady ready to go on a Baptist mission. We have an appointment to teach her on Tuesday. Yea !  The zone leaders came home with us & we had dinner together . We then took them to help us clean the church.
           Oh wow .. I have so much to write !  This week we had our first zone conference. Amazing is about what I can say. Our mission president is awesome! What a spiritual high to be there all day & learn from him. He taught us a new really neat way to study the scriptures . I love it ! I'll have to tell you sometime. It was great to be in a chapel filled with missionaries singing "sweet is the work ".
           This week we also found a First Nation lady to teach. We have an appointment with her on Tuesday.  We need a First Nation friend before the fall. They are the only ones allowed to catch Salmon the river. We hear they will sell it to the white people. Ohhhh... Love love salmon.
            On Thursday we drove to Agassiz to see the farm of an Iranian couple we met. I just love all the people I have met from Iran. I know it is because of my love for Leili.  I will post a picture of them as well. They have over 300  free range chickens so we bought some eggs from them. We will buy their vegetables as they are ready in the summer. Hussian has a masters degree in biology & environment something (I can't remember ).  He has built a climatized building for growing mushrooms. It is so interestering. I will take a picture of that the next time we go. They have greenhouses full of tiny plants & they are buying 10 goats .  Hussian taught us that if you eat the yellow flowers of the dandelion it will detoxify your liver. We both ate one. They aren't that tasty. He also pulled up fresh garlic & had us eat that for some healthy good reason. They invited us in for raspberry tea and Iranian special treats that were delicious. They tasted like Danish Wedding cookies. Yum ! We hope to see them often. They are not members of the church.
          We have an exciting week ahead. Time is going much too fast. What a blessing it has been for us to be here serving the Lord. A mission is all I hoped it would be and then some. We couldn't replace this experience with anything better. I love our Heavenly Father and His wonderful plan of Happiness. I love our dear Savior Jesus Christ. I'm just beginning to learn a small part of what He has done for you and me. We have a great desire to share the gospel with anyone who will give us a minute or two. The weather is warming up moving towards the 98 degree days with 100% humidity .
For today , we are enjoying the sunshine. My hair is wickedly wild in the humidity. It's okay because the people here have never seen me before so they don't know how it's supposed to look. Ha !
          We love you all so much !  Share the gospel please. Everyone needs the joy that comes from the true gospel of Jesus Christ.
     Elder & Sister Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment