Saturday, May 14, 2016

          Ninety degrees in May.  Beautiful flowers of every color you can imagine .  $167.00 ticket if you don't wear your seat belt.  $543.00 ticket if you get caught with a phone in your hand while driving . That's not even talking on it. $888.00 ticket if you get caught a second time. Your only allowed to drive in the fast lane if your passing someone. $167.00 if you run a yellow light & if you run a red light they shoot you ! Welcome to Canada!
          This week we found out why it takes so long for us to get our mail packages. They open every package at the border & then tape it up.  Unless they like it. Ha.. Really, every thing we have ordered or that you have sent to us in a package has been opened.
           I can wave at people walking on the sidewalk ; they look at me & turn their heads. Everyone here walks and long distances too. Elderly people ride in little motored scooters with a canopy on the top when it rains. People have garage sales with usually a whopping 5 to 10 items. My friend Betty likes to go. Actually this morning I got a cute lap quilt for early morning study & a little leather camel for my friend Marlene. She collects authentic items from Africa.
           Today I read the best article about "light ".  It 's called The Light Of The Perfect Day by Elder Larry R. Lawrence. March 2016.  He says..." When it comes time for each of us to be resurrected  if we have accumulated enough celestial light in our spirits, we will be resurrected with celestial bodies. "  Then he tells us how we can accumulate light in this life. Very very good.
            Interesting week. We went to Marico & Severia's home and gave a family home evening. They have a 7 year old boy & a 4 year old girl. They loved the lesson. We 've been to their home three times but have yet to teach them. They said they want to stay Baptist because they have friends at church.
            We saw Lucy and taught her the plan of salvation again. She cried with me when I told her about Matt and bore my testimony of how I have peace and hope because I know I will see & talk with him again. We 're working with her trying to teach her there is a God.
            We taught Tanna another lesson. It was uncomfortable. She was'nt wearing much. Her kids were home from school. One who was watching TV kept turning the volume up as we read verses in the Book of Mormon. The other one played loudly a computer game. As we were sitting at the kitchen table, the third child came by me & dumped something red and slimy ,soft ,squishy thing out by me. I shouldn't have looked...but I did &  promptly started gagging. It was raw liver or cow brains.  I held my breath...thought of lilacs and looked away. The setting wasn't ideal but Tanna did listen.
          Everyday is something new. Never boring, just an adventure always.
  We also met with Amelia and Martin, the Italians. We were able to get an Italian Book of Mormon for them. This week we are going to show them "How Rare A Possession. "
           When we went to see Roy this week we tried to teach him the plan of Salvation. He keeps saying "In my opinion " . He said organized religion teaches with fear. I disagreed and said we teach by faith.  He is an interestering man but has no faith; believes in God but no Savior, believes there is no hell. We all end up in heaven. Pretty lame thinking in my opinion.
           We love love love being missionaries. It's a growing experience in many ways. I have come to love my Heavenly Father and my Savior differently. I have learned to study the scriptures better & to pray more fervently. We have learned to spend 24 hours a day together. I appreciate the beautiful world the Lord has made for us because we are surrounded by breathtaking nature very day. We are so blessed. We love you all.
              Love, Elder & Sister Fisher



P.S.   We took Jack 2/half hour each way to get his patriarchal blessing. We had a zone meeting where Stan got to play the piano and I embarrassed myself. Stan hung a hummingbird feeder by the window where I study so I can enjoy the little wing whipping birds. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment