Saturday, May 21, 2016

Singing in the rain......we're singing in the rain....we live in a beautiful rain forest. I will try to post some pictures. Breathtaking.
       What a week !  We found out there is a witch that lives in our town. A real bonified practicing witch. Our friends told us about her, showed us where she lives, and told us not to knock on her door. She lives in a little green house with a white picket fence. It has creepy trees in the yard with brown vines that crawl up the sidewalk onto the porch. My friend, Betty, says she has a shack in the back yard . Betty went back there once. The room was filled with errey potions in jars and a pentagram painted on the floor.  Yesterday when we drove down her street I saw a white haired warlock.This town has everything.
        We had several teaching appointments this week.We met with our Italians, Martin & Amelia. We showed them the Vincenzo Di Francesca  movie about the Book of Mormon. Martin cried & wiped his eyes as he listened to the bells ringing in his home town of Sicily Italy. Amelia kept time with the music & sang to herself in Italian. The spirit was so stong, I wanted to reach out and touch it. They loved the movie so we gave them a copy of the Book of Mormon in Italian to read. Amelia always kisses me when we go there. This time it was more times than ever.
         We also went to teach Tanna but she only talked to us on the porch. She's supposed to be reading the Book of Mormon too
         We met a new investigator, Cindy Young. She is a widow, a weight trainer, a physical therapist, an aucupuncturist, a horse racer and has her 17 year old grandson living with her. She asked us a couple of interesting questions. "Tell me more about this young boy, Joseph Smith."  Also,  she has begun reading the Book of Mormon and so asked...." Where did Nephi get the steel to build the boat if it was before the industrial revolution ?" We have another appointment in a couple of days to teach her again.
         It was my birthday this week. Yea !  Fun day, many cards, well wishes, talked to all my kids and the branch Relief Society gave me a surprise birthday party. Stan took me out to dinner, sang to me & took me to my favorite store to shop. It was while shopping that I got the best missionary birthday gift ever !!!! A tall black man walked up to me & said : "I have seen you here several times. Today I have the courage to talk to you. " I smiled. "You know Jesus don't you ? Will you take me to your church this Sunday "?  I said "absolutely ".  I found out he is from Shrilainka living in Canada. He just converted to a Christian & wants to learn about my church. I was so excited, took his contact information & told him I would send two young missionaries in suits to teach him & take him to church. He is in Chilliwack not Hope so we can't teach him .  His name is Ronson Wijesekera. What  a great birthday present !
         Today we stopped at a garage sale where I bought 13 pairs of sunglasses. Why ? Well, we have this very irreverent primary. I've been teaching them how to be reverent in church & why. So I am going to have Stan remove the dark lenses from the glasses. Tomorrow I will tell the kids when they are reverent they earn a pair of reverent glasses to wear all during primary.  If they disrupt they loose the glasses. Ha. Great idea I think. We'll see how it goes.
          We love being missionaries...we love serving the Lord. Everyday is a new experience.
Oh,,, I have to tell you about a miracle. So Marlene (our non-member friend), told us she walked in the library the other day.She never goes to the library because we have a fun fun bookstore in Hope that sells books for $2. each. So she goes there. For some reason she went to the library that day. While standing by a shelf a book fell off. She picked it up & looked at it, checked it out and took it home. She read it in one day. It was "Heaven Is Here " by Stephanie Nelson a wonderful LDS mom. Marlene said she loved the book and it helped her believe in what we had been telling her about life after death.  Her husband died 3 years ago so she wants what we have. What a miracle. She doesn't have any faith so it will take time, fasting and prayers.
  We love our Heavenly Father, his son Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon and being missionaries. We love all of you too !
           Elder and Sister Fisher

2 comments:

  1. What a magnificent week! There are too many neat experiences in there for me to even pick a favorite. I am so proud of you both and the amazing work you are doing. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally buying my kids reverent glasses!

    ReplyDelete