Saturday, August 6, 2016

 
       Miracles and missions go together I have found. Our zone leaders are always saying : " Go find a miracle today." And so they happen. I bet if you look for miracles in your life, you 'll find them. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much. Our mission president says God favors his missionaries. Yeehaw ! So the other day we felt the need to drive by our Italian friends. Amelia was outside standing by her bike ranting & raving in Italian. Her bicycle had a flat tire-with the tube hanging out flopping on the driveway.  Every ready flat tire fixing Stan went right to work to make the repair. Amelia was so happy she gave us a purple cauliflower and fresh garlic.
Why were we prompted to go there ?
        Monday I played "little red hen ". We took fresh homemade wheat bread to five of our non-member friends. Roy wanted to give me $10. for the loaf. He said he'd pay me $10 for every bread I made him. I told him if he paid me I could'nt make it for him anymore. That's the kind of thing senior missionaries can do. To love others, give service and show them the light of Christ so hopefully someday they will choose to be taught and come unto Christ.  We went to visit with Hussain and Fetima this week. They were looking for two cats for their farm which is over run with mice. Cats in Canada sell for between $75. And $125. Another miracle,  our next door neighbor has a cat who had kittens. Where were they hiding them ?  We were able to get two of their kittens for Hussain & Fetima  for free !
         It's been really hot here. Not so much the temperature, it's about 80. But the humidity is about 80 or higher so blasted... I'm melting.  The day I was making bread the kitchen was an oven. So we have this waist high fan on a pole. I put it in the kitchen to help produce some cool air while I was cooking. It was next to a cubboard I need to get the flour out of . Without thinking I bent my head down to open the cubboard. Whoa.... My hair got caught in the side of the fan.  As soon as I collected my senses I unplugged it and was able to save three-fourths of my hair.
         The food drive is ever going forward. We were able to accomplish a ton this week, finding community volunteers, visiting businesses, meetings with our branch president and sending emails. Interesting item, we are able to use Facebook for help in recruiting volunteers. Also we can do missionary work by what we post on Facebook. Do you know you can do missionary work on Facebook as well ? Yup. We were able to get nine groups from the community to help with the drive this year. Last year they only had three groups so we feel really good about our progress.
       We received our new visa's this week. These are good for one year so we should be good for the rest of the journey. All our mail is opened as it crosses the border, there is no privacy here.
       We moved the hymn plaque from the back of the chapel to the front today. And we have all new  matching number cards for the hymns. Yea. Sunday Stan is playing the piano for all meetings except Relief Society where we sing along with a phone. He is also speaking in Primary and I am teaching Relief Society. I also  have the new assignment of decorating the bulletin boards . That's more fun than cleaning the church every week. But we are happy to do whatever we are asked . It's fast and testimony meeting so we always bear our testimonies as well. We love our little branch. They are so small and need so much support. The spirit is strong in the meetings and we love the people. I want to start providing the sacrament bread though, we eat from the same loaf for a month because there are so few members.
      Lucy invited us to a celebration party for one of our branch members next month when he is released from prison. She said she'll serve Mormon tea if I will make the cake. I don't think I'll do any lettering on the cake. What do you say :  Prison Break ?  With luck we might be able to buy fresh salmon from the Indians. Interesting fact.... Here the train blows it's horn when it approaches a bridge instead of at intersections.  The reason is that Indians walk along the railroad tracks and the train needs to warn them. We love being missionaries. We love the gospel. We are so blessed to know the truth. Our Heavenly Father lives and loves us so much. Jesus Christ is his only begotten son. His atonement for us is greater than we can possibly understand. Joseph Smith is the prophet of the restoration. The Book of Mormon is true. We have blessed to have a living prophet today, president Monson. Share your testimony every day.
     We love you all,
     Elder & Sister Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment