Saturday, September 17, 2016

      Ahhhhh.....FOOD DRIVE SUCCESS !!! . The Lord blessed us with a miracle. In the pouring I mean pouring rain, the volunteers arrived soaking wet with bags and bags of food. They're cheerful laughter and smiles were amazing. The full count isn't in yet but we collected around 6,000 lbs of food for the Hope food bank. That was wonderful ; but the mission president said the food gathered is not as important as the community involvement of non- members we had participate. We had one hundred and fifteen non-members help.  So we are having an "Appreciation Snack & Chat ". Wednesday evening  for anyone & everyone who helped us. Our mission president said he will try to come. So we can't really relax and celebrate until that is completed. Maybe we will get some new investigators ? I met many new friends , such nice people from the community.  We spent more hours than we can count preparing for this one day.

    We are so tired tonight but happy.  I would have felt better if I hadn't had a Humpty Dumpty fall last night. You know those large concrete barriers they put to stop people from whatever? Well last night with my arms full I fell  backwards over the cement thing flat on my back on a brick. Stan came outside to see what the big thud was. It knocked the wind out of me and popped off my glasses. Needless to say today I hurt. That's an ok fall for a ten year old, but at my age not so much.

   We had a busy busy week not only working with the food drive but other things as well. On Thursday we drove four hours to attend a Zone Conference. It was so amazing to sit for nine hours and be taught by the spirit. I learned many interesting things I didn't know before. The young missionaries are so blessed to learn it early. We were asked to stand and give a report on the food drive. It was fun to report we got the Baptist minister and half his congregation to help us. The printer, the grocery store manager, the newspaper editor, all non-members participated. 

   I made the five loaves on homemade bread to distribute again this week, It's really fun as we take it while it's still hot. People are so surprised. We gave our friend Martin one . He's the Italian and has shared his big fresh garden tomatoes with us. Stan is in heaven. This time he kissed my hand and told me I looked like Sophia Loren. For sure he's on next weeks bread list.

   A quote from our mission president :  "Don't try to live the gospel. Give Heavenly Father your best so He can give you the blessings He has in store for you."

   Have a wonderful week. We are so blessed to be having this mission experience. It's truly an adventure every day. We're always watching for what will come next. The gospel is the "good news". Our Heavenly Father lives and loves us. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior of the world. The Book of Mormon is true. Joseph Smitb is a true prophet as is Thomas Monson. We are abundantly blessed to be part of the tyre church. We love you all so much !!!

    Elder and Sister Fisher 

No comments:

Post a Comment