Sunday, October 2, 2016

      Unbelievable last seven days We thought after the food drive we'd be looking for things to do. We had a temple recommend interview with our mission President. We told him we didn't leave our children and grandchildren for 18 months to not work hard every day. I said : "I don't want to finish our mission and say. I wish I could have done more." So he gave us a special calling to drive the two hours to the Mission home every six weeks.  There we will stay in a hotel , arise at 2:00 am to gather missionaries & their baggage. We will transport them in a fifteen passenger van with a trailer attached to the Vancouver airport for their "Return with Honor" flight home by 4:00 am.We are sooo excited !  Stan is more than capable of negotiationing the outfit ( van & trailer ).  I bet we will have some great conservations along the way. So fun !

      This week we spent packing , helping, cleaning the house of the less active sister in our branch who was killed in the car accident. She was a widow but had five surviving grown children. Three of them only asked : "where's the money ?" The fourth one is so strung out on drugs she can't function. The only daughter left lives in another city and has a husband & two children. She is a member but hasn't been to church since she was a teenager. She's quite interesting as she has a degree in  movie industry make-up. We saw her portfolio. It was amazing as she could change a normal looking person into one of those odd creatures in the Star Wars movies or any other movie as well. She is very talented at her vocation but pretty well unable to do anything with the house problem at hand. After seven days of toil and strife we (Stan&I ) were able to complete the task. I could make it a really long sad story but you'd have to get out your violin and play a very sad song

.   We were able to make the six hour trip to the temple yesterday with our good friend Jack . I am so amazed at how I can learn something new almost every time I attend the temple. It was great. We bumped into our Stake President there. He had just been to his son's funeral the day before. The son was walking on the bridge with a railroad track , was listening to music with his headphones and texting. He didn't see or hear the train. So sad.

Today we were thrilled to listen to both sessions of conference and we listened to the Priesthood session together.What an amazing conference. Since being on our mission I have come to really appreciate how blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives. What a difference it makes.

   Stan has been asked to teach piano lessons to a child from a family in our branch who can't afford to pay for lessons.

 We have  this awesome new plan too. We are going to take some family history classes and we will meet with members and non members at our branch every Tuesday to teach them and help them their personal family history. Our first week was this past week. We had one member, Jack come and one non -member ,Lucy. It's so fun to work with them because Jack is a first generation member . With Lucy ,I helped her make her own tree.  Now I wished I would  have spent more time learning family history before I came.  It's a  fascinating work especially when you start with prayer.

We love being missionaries. We love serving the Lord. I couldn't help myself from crying today when the missionaries from the MTC sang "Called to Serve ". What a blessed opportunity we have.

We love you all. Keep the faith , enjoy the gospel, share the joy with those who don't have it.


Have a great conference day tomorrow !,

Love, Elder & Sister Fisher




2 comments:

  1. Oh what a wonderful letter! I'd love to play my sad violin song for you. 😄 Glad you made it to the temple and are learning about family history work. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your letters are so inspiring, fun, entertaining, etc. I really look forward to reading them every week. You and Stan are an amazing couple and such a good example of going about doing good every minute of every day. I love you.

    ReplyDelete