Saturday, November 5, 2016

      We just returned from a baptism of a eight year old member of our branch, Tommy Tuivi. We drove the 40 minutes to Chillwack & 40 min back for the event. Our small branch in Hope doesn't have a font. Stan played all the music & I gave the baptism talk. We took our non-member friend, Marlene with us, also my friend Betty. It's pouring rain so the freeway was a mixture of fast semi trucks dousing us with hurricane force water ; other cars speeding by trying not to hydroplane. It's winter here in British Columbia. We had 28 days of rain in October. Yea ! We still do our two mile forest walk every morning sometimes in pouring rain.  

Last night we drove to Langly (2 hours each way ) to the temple. Jack & Betty, our two friends went with us. They both are married to non-members.  Anyway, we took our own names; I actually was able to find 6 with some help, Betty brought 27 so we were able to do 33 sealings. It was such a great experience. I just love love the temple. We have a new goal to make the six hour trip every week now. I will really appreciate the Idaho Falls temple being ten minutes away.

We found these two ugly green rocking chairs from the apartment next door when the guy living there fell through the plate glass window and then disappeared into the night. He left some furniture. Because the couches in our apartment are so uncomfortable we decided to adopt these two rockers. One is Stan's and one is mine. The trouble is , if I put my feet up on the end table next to my chair and rock back....bad idea.  I tipped over backwards flat on the hardwood floor. They don't have carpet in Canada. I picked myself, dusted myself off and sat right back in the chair. Sometimes the chair scares me though.

We still have the same friends, try to be kind to everyone we see, but have found no one to teach. The combination of rainy days one right after the other and no one who wants to hear our message can get tiresome. We did go to our District meeting on Wednesday to provide a hearty meal for the young missionaries. There I can take pictures of the missionaries and email to their moms. That's fun. The mom's love the pictures & the boys love to hear their mom's comments to us.

We are looking forward with  great anticipation for Nov 12th because Elder Jeffery R Holland is coming to our mission. We will travel to the mission office where all 200 missionaries will gather. Whew... I hope we get to sing : "Called to Serve " or "Onward Christian Solders." I know that will be an amazing experience. The AP called yesterday to ask if we had any food allergies. I told him :" no, we're old Cowboys from Idaho. We grew up eating dirt & cow pies.". Ha. I think he believed me.

We are so blessed. The church is true. This is God's church upon the earth. Whatever the world does if we always stay strong, keep the commandments & our covenants we will be fine. Our lesson tomorrow is on being spiritually self reliant. We all need that for the coming days. We love you all, we love being missionaries for our Savior to represent him. Keep the faith always and the miracles will come.

 Love, Elder & Sister Fisher



1 comment:

  1. Dirt and cow pies are my second favorite.... Right after liver and onions!!

    Good luck on all that rain. Just remember it's nice to not have to shovel snow. That mtg w Elder Holland will be so neat. Take good notes!

    ReplyDelete