Saturday, December 10, 2016

    Put on the brakes...we're going too fast. We love being missionaries. It's hard ; but at the same time such a wonderful experience. So many opportunities and people we would have missed . We are already talking about our next mission. Well, actually truthfully, I am already talking. Stan is a bit more reserved.
      Today we went on our two mile walk through the forest in 6" of beautiful pristine snow. I guess it never snows here in the rainforest so everyone is bundled up in their houses. No one drives on the roads. Anyway, I took my camera so I could capture the most amazing beautiful sights. I will post a couple of pictures.  With all the coats I had on ; once I fell down, I couldn't get up. It was so funny I just lay there laughing. Stan was a little worried and backtracked to help me.  Yesterday it was -20 and today quite warmer at 15. It's a different cold here than Idaho because of the high humidity. Tonight we have Stake Conference at the branch on TV.
      Yesterday was amazing. We traveled to Langly for a seven hour Zone Conference. They are always a spiritual high. We had Elder Nattress from the Seventy come & teach us. Also our beloved Mission President and his wife. I'm good friends with the AP because he & I went tracting one day. He is Tongan & an amazing missionary. We will be taking him to the airport this week. We have transport so the faithful tired missionaries can be home for Christmas. Elder Asi promised he will invite us to his wedding. Awesome awesomeness.
     After the all day Zone meeting, Stan and I went to the temple. Such a great ending to the day. Except we had to drive almost 100 miles home on the Canadian freeway. That is a feat on a regular day. Last night there were cars in the bar pits, tow trucks flashing lights, police cars and a Jack knifed semi truck right in the road. I counted 12 cars off the road. We prayed & the Lord blessed us to arrive home safely.
    I got in the baking mode again and made 40 or so homemade cinnamon rolls. We delivered them to all the non-members we know. Oh, We also went shopping and bought two Christmas trees, ornaments, lights & more. We took one tree to our friend Fatima because she wanted a tree but her husband didn't agree. We had so much fun decorating together. I will post a picture. We took the other tree to Jack. He and I decorated it together. It really cheered him up. I keep saying :" this is a party Jack. Aren't you having a great time.?" he laughed and thanked us many times.
    I've been working with Brother Hara to help do Jack's family history. We were able to prepare 263 ordinances for Jack's family that needs to be done. If we can't baptize in Hope, we'll do the baptisms for those in the spirit world. We have much temple work to do now. I have learned to Love family history. It is a spiritual experience for sure. I am hoping Matt is teaching some of these people we are baptizing.
     I was asked to help with activity days this week. Six eight & nine year old children made homemade candy. Almond bark,  peppermint patties, and pumpkin fudge. It was a free for all. Although the leader had good intentions and we tried to keep their hands clean, it was for not. The leaders idea was to put all these candies in little gift bags to pass out after sacrament meeting the week before Christmas. I suggested she give the kids the candy to share with their family. She was not inclined to agree. So on the way home I gave Stan a "heads up " not to eat what was given to him.
    Stan has been shoveling snow all day for the people who never have snow on their sidewalk. Are you all doing : "Light the World " 25 days of Christmas ?  We are too . So fun ! We received a Christmas card signed by the first presidency too.  We put up a tree for ourselves. Rebecca made us many paper orgami stars, so it looks great.  I'm trying to be busy helping others be happy this Christmas  so I won't get too sad about not being home for Christmas.  But, this is our mission Christmas so we want to make it special too.
  The real reason for the season is our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ. We are so thankful to celebrate this time for him.  He did for us what none of us could do for ourselves. How blessed we are !!
    We love you all and hope you are enjoying this Christmas season.

Love,
 Elder & Sister Fisher
   

No comments:

Post a Comment