Sunday, February 5, 2017

     Good Sabbeth morning.   Our church was canceled today.  We have three feet of "new "snow. Our little blue car just can't plow through that much snow. The branch president said it's too unsafe  for anyone to drive to church today.  Yesterday Stan spent all day shoveling snow for many people. He is healthy as a horse so he can shovel circles around  the people in our branch and our non member friends. Looks like he'll be out shoveling again today as well.
    We are assigned to travel to Richmond on Monday morning and will stay in a hotel there for three nights and drive back to Hope late Thursday evening. It will be a great week if we can maneuver through the snow. I don't drive in the snow anymore. I had too many experiences of knocking over stop signs, hitting park cars, landing in ditches ; not to mention doing 180's on the freeway.
      This week was phonominal . So many wonderful experiences. On Monday it was our turn to host Family Home Evening for the elderly. We packed twelve adults into our tiny apartment.  We served Ham, funeral potatoes, corn, fresh green beans, rolls, green salad and cinnamon cake for dessert. Stan taught a wonderful lesson. After that we talked and laughed. It was a great evening. Tuesday we traveled the six hours to go to the temple with our zone missionaries. I love the temple so much . I really hope to go back to serving in Idaho Falls when we get home. Wednesday again we did the six hour trip . This time we took our friend Jack. We were able to accomplish 30 sealings for his family so he took us to lunch. They have the real "fish n chips " from England. Really yummy. We went to Agazzi to visit our Iraian friends, Fatmia and Hossian.  We love them so much.
    We had dinner with Lisa Tates and her family on Thursday. I learned to make some gluten free recipes to share with them We are teaching Lisa the temple preparedness classes and trying to activate her husband Mike. Both are doing well.  Mike even came to church last Sunday and stayed all three hours.  Yippee!!!
    On Friday we drove to Abbotsford to attend a three 1/2 hour zone meeting. It was one of those meetings  where the spirit was so strong that after the closing prayer everyone just sat there. No one wanted to leave. It is amazing to see the strength, the leadership, the solid testimonies of these young missionaries. I am in awe. No worries for the future with  these kind of young people at the helm. Two of the elders sang : "Lead Kindly Light "  in the most beautiful harmony I have ever heard. I tried so hard not to cry that I gave myself a headache. I finally gave up and sobbed using all  the Kleenex I keep in my boot  so I don't have to use the end of my skirt to blow my nose.  I love those kind of meetings...the peace, the joy, the testimony  just elevate us to a higher plain. It's a feeling we  would love to feel forever. I guess that's what Heaven truly is.
   We love love our mission. We are so excited to be here. We love the work, the young missionaries, our non members friends, the gospel and most of all our Savior , Jesus Christ. He is the reason we are here. We love him and want to show him how much by serving a full time mission. Oh, what a blessing it has been. I have learned so much ! Tons of experiences, blessings, miracles, new people,
It's awesome awesomeness for sure. We teach  repentance, practice  repentance, testify of Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith  and the wonderful plan of happiness.  How blessed we truly are.

Lots of love,
Elder & Sister Fisher
Vancouver Canada Mission

     

1 comment:

  1. You sound so happy! I love it! Good job Dad shoveling all that snow! I'm glad your dinner went well and the spiritual meetings found amazing. What great experiences you are having. Oh Mom, I'm glad you no longer drive in the snow (and thereby get lost on the way to the Loft!)!

    ReplyDelete