Sunday, March 5, 2017

So interestering..... I have to tell you about our new ward in Richmond. The people are from......


China.         Thiland.     Philippines     Australia       Scotland.            Denmark.        England.      Japan

Findland.     Chili.      India.       Italy.        France.       Ukrain.        Russia.    Iran.       Iraq.      Fiji

To name a few. What an adventure !!!! We are learning about so many countries & their cultures. It's amazing. I am hoping to learn a few words in each language. Fun !!!! The mission president said there are 65 different languages taught in our mission.

This week we have been out finding the lost sheep.  Lucy  Rossi is a Childian from Italy who married a Candian. We  went into her home to meet with her. She doesn't come to church anymore because her life is hard and she is depressed. She cooks and takes care of ten people everyday. There are two very large dogs, one of which promptly  came and sat on my lap as I was sitting on the couch. His head was so big I could'nt see Lucy as I talked to her. "Loo...get off the Sisters  lap ", Lucy said. Her house was very crowded. Out of one corner spilling out into the center of the room were dolls of every kind. From another corner came books and magazines and papers moving to the center too. Another corner was filled with a dinningroom table and about eight chairs; each one a different style & color. All sorts of things hung from the ceiling, like flowers and do dads and decorations. We invited her to come back to church. She said she is not ready as she would have to get out of her pj's. I can see there is a wonderful potential for her to come back. She just needs someone to love her.

We taught the Chinese English class on our own Friday. It is so fun !! The class members always are given a homework assignment but they never do it. So on Friday I made those chocolate marshmallow brownies. I told them they could have one this time but from now on they only got a brownie if they showed me their homework was complete. One of the Chinese students said :" Are you trying to be my mother ?" I said:  " absoultely yes." Tomorrow we are going to play the constration game with Enlish words. I bet they all have their homework done.

A miracle this week, one of the many, I so love being a missionary !!! Anyway last Sunday a non member mom was visiting from Alberta to see her daughter. The daughter is less active but they came to church. The mom, Bev and I became instant friends. On Thursday, ( here's the miracle), I was walking in a store. The right place at just the right time. We ran into each other. She said : " I was sorry I did'nt get your number at church Sunday. Will you & your husband come to dinner Friday night ? " She is a college professor in Math and accounting and computer programing. She and I have nothing in common. We built a friendship that she plans to keep going on Facebook and  she is coming back in the summer. She is open to learn about the church. Today I sent her the new video of Joseph Smith & the Restoration. Can't wait to see what happens.

One of the less actives we met last week and invited to come back to church , came today ! We're still looking for Sister Fan, our Chinese friend. Maybe next Sunday.

Here are some of the names on our list to find:     Drikibeau
Ng
Arusha Kapoor
Legaspi
Anuik
Bamba
Monjusko
Symchy

We are so thrilled to be missionaries. So excited about the work. We really want to make a difference.
I have tons more to tell you all, but that will have to be later. We are having the mission president & his wife, the two office couples and us for dinner.

Keep the faith. Be happy because you are so blessed. We love you all so much !
Love, Elder & Sister Fisher




1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your wonderful stories! I'll bet those students did their homework !

    ReplyDelete