Friday, April 15, 2016

        Whoa.....I don't think I can possibly write about all that has happened this week. Can I say..."Amazing ".  So Saturday  56 people met at our little branch at 9 am. Most of them were full time missionaries  from three areas outside of our Hope. The others were members from those areas. We divided the city into routes & campanionships of missionaries & members . We went out for two hours knocking doors. Stan & I went as well. Afterwards we came back to the branch for debriefing, sharing a few experiences & enjoying a BBQ.  As we sang the opening song , I truly felt I was among the army of Heleman. Such spirt, strength & testimony in one room. It was inspiring for sure.
        So Stan & I have spent all day everyday this week following up those leads. We had 30 leads to go see. Some sent us away, some were mean. But we were able to teach two lessons & pray with two others. I had my first broken heart experience. We taught an elderly man on his porch about the Restoration  & he was loving it when his wife came home & immediately dismissed us  saying...."I've heard enough . You may leave"  Eariler the man gave me a beautiful plant & said I could have it or pay if I wanted to. They had been given a Book of Mormon during the Blitz. So later we went back to give the man some money for the plant. His wife saw me & ran to get the Book of Mormon. Her husband handed it to me & said: "It would be a crime for us to have this in our house." I asked why & he told me  it was of no value. I got in the car & cried & cried. Stan had to take me home. I was devestated that the beautiful book I know to be true ,that can change & bless lives was thrown away. What an immeasurable gift that book is. It was a sad sad day for me.
           We did teach two wonderful lessons. One to a young mother with three children. Tanna is a published author . Her book is in thousands of stores. I really like her a lot. We gave her a lesson on the Plan of Salvation & will teach her again on Tuesday.
          The other lesson we taught to James on his porch . It was on the Restoration. That was on Thursday & we're teaching him again on Sunday afternoon.
            My friend Betty & her non-member husband Jim took us to Aldergrove to get a large shelf/organizer thing (furniture) I found on Craig's list for free. We put it in our second bedroom to keep our books & stuff looking more organized instead of sitting on the floor. It's much better.  They stayed & ate dinner with us.  Stan told Jim he needs to get baptized so he can have his awesome wife for Eternity. He dismissed the idea. Saturday we are going to see the ocean with them & enjoy real "Fish & Chips".  The ocean is about two & half hours away. We 're hoping we can be a good influence for Jim.
           We have six people total now in our teaching pool. The missionary work is looking better everyday. We pray we can help people find the happiness they are seeking.
           Today we spent from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm at a zone meeting in Abbotsford. Those meetings are long but such a spiritual uplift. I had a most touching spiritual experience with  Joesph Smith's first vision . Totally amazing ! A mission is more than I can write, it becomes a part of you. I'm so happy Matt & Daniel had the opportunity to serve a mission. And Zack & Alicia & Adam too. I hope those of our grandchildren who have the desire will be able to go on a mission as well.
          I love our Heavenly Father. I love our Savior Jesus Christ. I love the Book of Mormon. The gospel is true. The Lord is hastening his work. We are happy to be part of that work even if we walk a little slower & get tired a little easier. Life is good. A mission is a wonderful opportunity. Life is great without a TV in our home .The world stays a little further away so we can see more clearly what is really important in this life.
                              We love you all !!!!!
                              Love, Elder & Sister Fisher

5 comments:

  1. It sounds great and heart breaking too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds great and heart breaking too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds great and heart breaking too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds great and heart breaking too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! I'm glad you had missionaries come to your area and help.... If only for a few days!

    ReplyDelete